[co]ral network – AI dreams of coral reefsAnthony Bouic
[co]ral network is an art experimentation using AI models known as Generative Adversarial Networks or GANs.
To generate the desired images, a GAN needs to be trained with a set of training images so it can create new ones with the same characteristics.
In this project, two GANs have been trained :
– The first one on a dataset of 1463 images of healthy corals for a total of 204 hours of training.
– The second one on a dataset of 1693 images composed of 75% of damaged coral, which is the current state of coral life in Mauritius in 2022.
The results are AI dreams of different state of coral reefs:
– The healthy GAN generates beautiful, colorful and diverse corals.
– The damaged GAN generates dark, bleak and almost menacing coral landscapes.
What do we want for the future? Make your choice on coralnetwork.art
GAN Training / video editing / sound design and web development by Anthony Bouic
AI model : StyleGAN2 by NVIDIA Research Labs
- Single Artist
- Photography / video
- Single Work
- Artificial Intelligence / Deep neural network
- 1920 | 1080 | -